Wikipedia:Peer review/Chicago, Illinois/archive2
This article has gone through a previous round of peer review and several failed FACs. After attempting to address several issues relating to the previous FACs, I am wondering if there is anything that has to be done with this article so that it will succeed FAC if it were nominated again. PentawingTalk 01:55, 11 June 2006 (UTC)
- Fix red links, convert "Related topics" lists to prose, eg. 1959 Pan American Games in Chicago, Arlington Park, Chicago Motor Speedway etc etc instead of a bulleted list. — Wackymacs 11:04, 11 June 2006 (UTC)
- Per WP:CONTEXT and WP:BTW, years with full dates should be linked; for example, link January 15, 2006, but do not link January 2006.
- This article may need to undergo summary style, where a series of appropriate subpages are used. For example, if the article is United States, than an appropriate subpage would be History of the United States, such that a summary of the subpage exists on the mother article, while the subpage goes into more detail.
- This article can use copyediting to ensure that the it exemplifies some of Wikipedia's best work.
- Thanks, Andy t 18:04, 11 June 2006 (UTC)
- I have attempted to summarize some sections. Is there anything specific that is needed? PentawingTalk 02:02, 14 June 2006 (UTC)
- Nice work- this has come a long way since the last four times I objected on its FACs. (The time before that, I nominated it.) I think the only remaining issue is that the use of inline citations starts to wane by the end of the article. I think it's sufficient, but some people might think that a near 60kb article should have more than 36 inlines. Overall, though, excellent work. RyanGerbil10 (Drop on in!) 03:37, 16 June 2006 (UTC)
- Mos has to be followed (hyphens used as dashes)
- The climate table can be moved to the climate subarticle.
- text needs a copyedit to tighten the sentences
- during the younger Daley's administration have made world headlines – what sort of "world" headlines?
- =history= is choppy. Sentences needs to flow
- Beyond local elections, Chicago.. – entire para can be summarised into one sentence. Infact most of the section glosses over the fact that Chicago is a Democratic bastion. Can be summarised.
- In sites of interest, context needed for Navy Pier
- most respected -- according to who? (weasel word)